Saturday 22 October 2011

Memory of the day

Is the nervous tension produced by the return of the National Hunt season. Each year I forget. Sometimes I wonder why I watch it. I get ridiculously attached to horses I have never met, and practically have to watch the races from behind the sofa, like a child watching Dr Who.

Today, I hoped that the glorious Master Minded might come out and give us a display of mastery at Aintree. He started off giving an exhibition round, then got a little careless, ran out of puff, and was easily beaten by Albertas Run. Still, for at least a circuit, it was a keen pleasure to watch two old pros showing off their stuff.

I shall remain true to Master Minded. He will show us something special later in the season.

In the meantime, here he is, at his lovely best:


Wonderful photograph sadly uncredited.


PS. For those of you who, like me, are of a pedantic bent, there really is no apostrophe in Albertas Run. I feel there should be, but never mind. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to get comments, so do please leave one.