Tuesday 4 October 2011

Gentleman of the Day.


Talk about both beautiful and useful. I'm afraid I cannot resist the allure of capital letters: I LOVE THIS MAN.



How to Peel a Head of Garlic in Less Than 10 Seconds from SAVEUR.com on Vimeo.


There are several things I would like to say about this. One: some lovely person took the time to shoot this simple video so that it looks ravishing. Observe the care taken over the lighting and the colours and the focus.

Two: they even bothered to put wonderful music over it.

Three: I have always, always wanted to know how to peel garlic quickly and easily, and, in forty-four years, have never caught the trick of it.

Four: at the bit at the end, when the gentleman opens the bowls and reveals the cloves, my mouth actually fell open in amazement, and I yelled No out loud into my office. The dog was astonished.


And, if it were not for the excellent blogger, Hey Lady Grey, I would never, ever have know about it. My life is, even so very slightly, transformed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to get comments, so do please leave one.