Thursday 12 January 2012

Question of the day

Is asked by Andrew Sullivan over at The Dish, about the reaction to the death of the Iranian scientists. I have been asking it myself all day, but, as always, he puts it more succinctly than I. These are professors, with wives and children and brothers and mothers and sisters and fathers. And someone is blowing them up and shooting them to death. I cannot believe that there is not a better way to prevent Iran going nuclear.

Whatever one thinks of the policy, and whoever is doing it - Mossad, CIA, some deniable rogue operative - I do not think that anyone should call it, as Rick Santorum just has, 'wonderful'. Bear in mind this is a gentleman who believes that life begins at the moment of conception, so that, in his mind, all abortion is murder, and should be prosecuted. Yet shooting a scientist in cold blood in front of his wife is 'wonderful'. Please excuse me whilst my brain explodes.

Sullivan's take is here.

I don't have the heart to show you a picture of Santorum or the dead scientist, but there must be something to look on. Here is a wonderful photograph of an Armenian church in the north-west of Iran, photographer unknown:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to get comments, so do please leave one.