Thursday 20 December 2012

My fourth day of Christmas: lovely festive things to do

Very quick today, as I have unaccustomed social life. This one is not suitable for everyone, but it is for the canine lovers out there. If you are thinking of getting a new dog, not just for Christmas but for life, consider a rescue. I adopted a dog three weeks ago and it's one of the best things I ever did. Of course you can get yourself a delightful expensive new puppy, but there are so many extant dogs out there, longing for a new home, and they are so grateful and loyal if you do decide to take them. You get the double joy of a canine companion, and the warm glow of knowing you did a decent thing. And that is very, very Christmassy indeed.

Here is where I got mine, a most excellent organisation that I cannot recommend highly enough:

http://www.manytearsrescue.org/

They have foster carers all over the country, so you do not have to be in Wales, where they are based, and they are extremely nice people, who do really good work.

And here is the kind of glorious fellow with whom you might end up:





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, and can I plug Hersham Hounds, teeming with rescue greyhounds just waiting to give oodles of love. We're off the day we get back from France. The new hound won't replace our boy, but will be his own dog, and truly wonderful for that.

    ReplyDelete

I am always thrilled to get comments, so do please leave one.