Tuesday 13 December 2011

Interesting journalism of the day

There is a thought-provoking piece from John Harris about Europe in The Guardian. I don't agree with all of it, but as I try to negotiate the mazy complications of the Euromess, I am gathering all opinions and facts that I can. It's worth reading the comments too, as the more moderate of them present a fascinating collage of arguments for and against. That's why I say: Euromess. Not because I am against the European ideal, but because the state of the Euro, the sovereign debt crisis, the endless debate are all so massively complicated now that it is almost impossible to draw any clear conclusions.

You can read the article here.


Old photograph of the European Convention, photographer unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always thrilled to get comments, so do please leave one.